Our teams are working remotely to meet your tech requirements promptly – Contact us Today !
You may have heard that Site Structure is important and has a great impact on how your company considers SEO. Since these two words are interlinked and have great importance in the digital world, in this article we will focus on the basics and understand why it is important to have a good site structure.
In short, site structure means how you organize the content of your website. This is related to the way your content is grouped, linked, and presented to the visitor. If you do it well, it benefits you in more ways than one. This ensures that users find their way to your website easily and that Google (and other search engines) can better index your URL.
In today’s competitive world, having a properly structured site is an important component of your SEO strategy. It shows Google which posts and pages of your website are most important. Simply put, it affects which articles will be at the top.
As a marketer, you need to give what actually you visitours wants easily, simply and quickly. Your website should be easy to navigate. All this ensures that your users are interested in and engaging with your website, and ultimately, conversions.
Why do you need it?
As mentioned earlier, having a good site structure means that people will find you easily as your SEO ranking will improve. As your website and the number of pages/posts on it increase, it gets disorganized. There is a chance that your website contains too much information that is not organized. Therefore, you should organize your content in a way that helps your visitors and Google find out what they are looking for. If you fail to organize your blog, your products, your stories, and your content neatly – it will be lost.
Why is site structure important?
1. WebSite structure helps to search engines and increase crawling:
Search engines need to understand which parts of your website are most essential to your brand. Having a structure helps search engines like Google understand what your site is. Google crawls websites by following internal and external links – and it helps determine relationships between different pages. Site structures are guides for Google and therefore super important! In short, it helps crawlers that crawl your website to search for important pages and show them to the concerned audience.
2. This enhances the user experience:
Users generally prefer sites that are easy to navigate. The site structure does this. When your structure is clear, your audience can find what they are watching without any hassle – and this leads to conversion. Users buy your product, subscribe to your mailing list, and connect to your website when the structure of your website is clear and clear. This way your site will perform well and get an additional boost when it comes to SEO ranking!
3. It provides site links to your site:
Site links help your SEO ranking. Their purpose is to increase the navigability of your website and to point users to the most relevant information on your website. It also enhances your brand’s reputation and improves user confidence. Did you know that the Google algorithm rewards websites with site links? By not having relevant site links on your website, you can afford your targeted traffic and therefore, conversions.
4. Prevents you from competing with your website:
If you do not have a proper structure, you will compete with yourself for better search engine rankings. You can have blog posts or articles that are on the same topic and these many posts will match with each other. Telling Google and other search engines what content is most important on your site can be achieved when your site has a structure and if the content is properly distributed.
How to get started with this?
1. Make a strategy and keep your website symmetrical: Make a plan before you post content to your website. You can list important pages, categories, products, and other things that you think are important to your website. Implementing SEO strategies will make everything easier for you when you post content on the website. Moreover, when your website is symmetrical, this thing gives more satisfaction to its users. Your website should be balanced and even visible to the visitor. All this can happen only if you spend time and resources in structuring your site!
2. Classify your content: If you have chosen a particular category, but it has too much content, then you should consider dividing that category further. Having categories balances your site and helps you and the user understand blog posts easily. Also, if required, you can merge or split your categories.
3. Remove outdated and irrelevant content: When you add more content to your website, you need to make sure that your content remains relevant to the reader. If blogs, in particular, are too old or not relevant anymore, you should remove them from your website – and also remove the links that they contain. Links are very important for your search engine optimization and you should only have such links that help your website to grow!
4. Add Links: As discussed earlier, links are super important for your SEO. The articles and links you publish need to be the most relevant and complete. It is great to have a great interlinking structure for Google and other search engines and your users.
By now you must have realized how site structures affect everything that is a part of your SEO and marketing strategy. Finally, you have to realize that structuring your site is a continuous, ongoing process. Your website wants to be maintained daily basic – and you must have to whole control over it! What are you waiting for – Get Structured Now! Thanks for reading the article and good luck!